Facelift for the Marina
We have the unique perspective of owning restaurants on both the Third Street Promenade and in Marina del Rey. When we opened Teasers in Santa Monica more than a decade ago, the Promenade was a rundown pedestrian mall. Over the years, we've seen the area flourish as new shopping and entertainment venues lured both locals and tourists. The area is now thriving and has become a model for similar projects around the world.
As owners of the newer Tony P's Dockside Grill in Marina del Rey, we are thrilled that much-needed renovations are planned for the area ("Marina del Renovation," June 21). Unfortunately, people don't have much reason to visit the Marina anymore, but with the planned improvements, they will once again discover what our customers already know: that Marina del Rey offers one of the most spectacular harbor views in the world.
We know first hand that such projects can accomplish great things and look forward to the renovations in the Marina.
TONY PALERMO and DAN RINGWOOD
Tony P's Dockside Grill
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gap in Moratorium Puts Promenade Restaurant on Ropes
- Real Estate Column---Another Westwood Theater Departs, Druggist Steps in
- Santa Monica's Wage Keeping Eateries Out
- RESTAURANTS---Undaunted, National Chains Eye L.A.
- Prime Time
- CONVENTION --- Looking for Tourists, Marina Proposes Convention Bureau